Waterwatch Data Portal
ME_YGR006 Gardiners Creek upstream of Blackburn Lake, at Pobblebonk point, adjacent to Vegemite Creek
8 April 2018
|Site||Gardiners Creek upstream of Blackburn Lake, at Pobblebonk point, adjacent to Vegemite Creek ME_YGR006|
|Date and Time||Sunday 8th April 2018 10:15am|
Physical Chemical Tests
|Ammon-Nit mg/L NH3-N||N mg/L NH4+||D.O. %||D.O mg/L||EC µS/cm||FrP mg/L P||Nitrate-Nit mg/L N||pH pH Units||Rain mm||rP mg/L P||Air ° C||Water ° C||Turb FTU||Turb NTU|
|Last rainfall||More than a week ago|
|Flow estimate||STAGNANT: No continuous flow in channel but channel continuous (in-stream habitats connected)|
|Stream depth||1m - 2m|
Monitors: Su Dempsy, Sue W., John Shortridge, Elaine Boucher, Stephanie E, Tanveer Alvi
- DO% saturation incorrect as Electrical Conductivity of water was not measured (the EC meter died - tried new batteries but didn't work). Have entered a random value to avoid error on submitting the data.
- Ammonium score degraded due to sewage spill extending from Billabong bridge into the lake.
- Monthly test delayed due to sewer spill - March - April
- Water very discoloured - almost black, smelly and still due to the sewage spill.
- No water in Vegemite Creek (one of the feeder creeks that enters the lake at Pobblebonk point)
- 2 female chestnut teals, 1 coot
All content, files, data and images provided by the Waterwatch Data Portal and Gallery are subject to a Creative Commons Attribution License
Content is made available to be used in any way, and should always attribute Waterwatch and www.vic.waterwatch.org.au